”Clap your hands, oh clap your hands!” Those are the lyrics of Zakes Bantwini, the talented musician who is turning a day older today.
Zakes Bantwini is over the moon as he turns another year today.
Taking to Instagram, the star shared an adorable picture of himself to celebrate this day.
Zakes captioned the post: “Happy Birthday to me”
See post below:
- Zakhele Madida popularly known as Zakes Bantwini was born May 26, 1980 is a South African singer, record producer and businessman from KwaMashu F-section, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- He has worked with fellow musician Black Coffee, with whom he collaborated on the song “Juju”.
- At the age of 14 years he had his first child.
- Despite facing the challenges of being a teenage father, he still went on to finishing his matric. After matriculating, he went on to study at Natal Technikon (now known as Durban University of Technology) where he received a national certificate in Light Music, this is also where he formed his own record label called Mayonie Productions while completing his final year.
- Madida received a diploma in Jazz and Music performance after completing his studies at the University of KwaZulu-Natal in Durban.
- He also studied a Social Entrepreneurship Programme at Gordon Institute of Business Science, University of Pretoria.
- In 2004, He established Mayonie productions which is known for music such as Bum Bum, Wasting My Time and Clap Your Hands.
- Madida released his debut album The Good Life in 2008. Two years later, he released the album Love, Light and Music which included songs such as “Clap Your Hands” and “Wasting My Time.”
Main Image: Mgosi