It’s cool that you’re scoring free smoothies for those Discovery Vitality active days, but you really are playing in the minor leagues.
That’s probably because you’re just a regular old member, forking out R259 a month so you can reduce your gym membership fee and a handful of other perks.
Meanwhile, over on the invitation-only credit card and rewards programme that is Vitality Purple, peeps are living the good life.
According to reporters, Vitality Purple, which was launched towards the end of 2017, costs R429 a month (that’s an extra R170 on top of the regular Vitality fee).
There are also some extra, undisclosed credit card fees, which is offset by those perks. Here’s a quick look at some of those:
- Concierge service to book flights, hotels or restaurants, available 24 hours a day.
- Savings up to 100% on 12 return local and two return international flights for a client and their spouse.
- Free international travel insurance when you pay for an international flight through the credit card.
- Access to over 40 exclusive local and international golf courses.
- Free access to Virgin Active, including Virgin Active collection, gyms or Planet Fitness gyms anywhere in the country.
- 50% off of local and international boutique hotels in the Purple Hotel Collection, limited to 20 nights and a maximum saving of R3,500 per night.
- Up to 50% off trips on Rovos Rail where entry tour prices start at R22,350.
- Up to 20% off travel bookings through World Leisure Holidays, Royal Caribbean cruises and Contiki, subject to an individual’s Discovery level.
- Up to 50% off spa treatments at certain Africology, Amani and African Pride spas, subject to an individual’s Discovery level.
Yeah, I suppose if you’re a high net-worth individual, you can score big on those. For the rest of us, 50% off a R20 000-plus Rovos Rail trip ain’t saving us a dime.
Oh, naturally there’s an added “wellness” angle, too:
Discovery said Purple reward members also gain access and get 50% off Discovery’s Executive Wellness Experience where they consult a doctor, registered nurse and biokineticist.
During this experience, everything from vision, diet, hearing and posture is checked – members also undergo an ECG, whereafter an individual health report is provided…
“As a high-networth individual, clients will experience the unique personal touch of a dedicated purple consultant backed by a team of trained professionals who will ensure they enjoy a truly bespoke experience,” Discovery said.
Entertainment SA | Side Hustles and News.