The Brazilian footballer, Neymar is the talk of the town after he was reported to be organizing a huge New Year’s Eve party despite the coronavirus pandemic, a claim his lawyers denied.
Acelmo Goes, a columnist for the O Globo newspaper, wrote that the Paris Saint-Germain forward is hosting 500 people for a week-long party at his luxury beachside mansion near Rio de Janeiro that started on Saturday and will last until New Year’s Day.
Neymar allegedly even installed soundproofing equipment to try to avoid bothering his neighbors. Guests’ mobile phones are allegedly due to be confiscated on the door to prevent any evidence finding its way onto social media. But Neymar’s lawyers denied a party had been planned or that the Agencia Fabrica event was related to the football star. “No! This is a Fabrica event. It is not related to Neymar,” they told AFP.
Neymar’s villa is in Mangaratiba, a small town in an area of luxury seaside resorts in Rio de Janeiro state. The local town hall has pleaded with its 41 000 inhabitants not to hold end of year parties and has erected barriers to prevent people congregating. “We don’t have any information about this party,” the town hall said in a statement sent to AFP.
Neymar hasn’t commented on the party and in recent days has posted pictures of his family on social media without commentaries.
Main Image: eNCA