Although weaves are taking over on a daily basis, it is only fair to admit that one can never go wrong with a natural hairdo. But before attempting to rock that natural look, one needs to follow certain procedures to keep your natural hair strong and healthy.
- Knowing your hair type, the correct hair shampoo, conditioner and treatment products to use.
- Avoiding harsh detergents and ingredients.
- Mixing up care products can sometimes dry hair out and cause dandruff. Wash hair once a week; every other week.
- Always use conditioner every time you wash you hair.
- Try using a hot oil treatment twice a month to help in adding moisture and elasticity to the hair.
- When combing, comb your hair when it is wet, or damp to avoid breaking your hair which might disturb the natural growth.
- Use a wide-toothed comb and comb from the ends to the roots.
- Avoid putting too much stress on your hair; after patting it dry, let it air dry. Tight ponytail and pulling may damage the hair.
- When straightening your natural hair, avoid making the ceramic comb or hot iron too hot and only iron hair once a week to avoid hair breakage.
Picture credits: Drum
Entertainment | Celebrity Gossip and News